Our goal is for you to spend your time generating revenue through import and distribution while MDI handles regulatory affairs.
MDI Advisers studies the needs of your company and puts at your service a department that will manage all regulatory matters in Spain and Portugal.
For a cosmetic product to be marketed in Spain and Portugal, it is necessary that:
• The company has adequate storage or manufacturing facilities
• Have an effective quality assurance system
• Have Responsible Technical staff
• Have a Product Safety Record
• Register the products in CPNP
• Register the declaration of responsibility for manufacturing or import activities.
Who are our services aimed at?
We add value to manufacturers, distributors and importers with and without a warehouse that sell or want to sell finished products that have all the necessary certificates to go on the market.
What are your commitments?
Provide us with faithful and truthful information about
• The products you want to market in Spain and or Portugal.
• The documentation that supports the quality and safety of said products.
• The documentation (technical memory of the facilities)
• The QMS documentation (ISO 22716: GMP for cosmetics)
What is MDI Advisers committed to?
• To carry out all the necessary procedures with the Spanish and Portuguese health administrations so that the product has access to the market in the shortest possible time with full health guarantees.
• To carry out the procedures aimed at obtaining the import license.
• To develop, implement and monitor the surveillance system:
° Carry out the internal audits that the system indicates and that of your supplier companies.
° Manage claims, withdrawals, no-conformities, etc.
° Prepare an annual plan for the training periods, providing initial and ongoing training to company personnel involved in product quality processes, as well as training new employees.
MDI puts at your disposal specialists in the field who will act as interlocutor personnel before the health authorities, carrying out the administrative procedures necessary to obtain licenses and the registration of cosmetic products.
What is a cosmetics import license?
EIt is one that authorizes the holder, for a specified period, to import certain cosmetics from countries established outside the EU under the control of the Responsible Technical staff.
The Spanish Agency for Medicines and Cosmetics (AEMPS), dependent on the Ministry of Health, is the body that grants these licenses in accordance with the applicable legislation.
The duration of the cosmetic import license is usually 5 years, after that time you must renew it.
How is a cosmetic import license processed and obtained?
The import license is obtained after a laborious work in which the requirements mentioned in the following point must be submitted to the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Cosmetics (AEMPS), which depends on the Ministry of Health.
The usual period for processing and obtaining a license is between three and six months, but it can be longer.
• Have a technical report before the AEMPS in which it is shown how to comply with the current regulations in terms of facilities, processes, certifications, etc.
• Have warehouses approved by the AEMPS, either owned or subcontracted. The size of the warehouse will depend on the activity of the company and the type of product.
• Have Responsible Technical personnel who, among other duties, will be responsible for the release of imported and distributed batches. Without the authorization of the Responsible Technical staff, the company will not be able to market imported products.
• An efficient quality assurance system that covers aspects such as claims management, withdrawals, product safety surveillance in the market, traceability, etc.
• Have a Product Safety Report per product.
• Register the products in CPNP
• Register the declaration responsible for manufacturing or import activities.